Arapahoe County 4-H Foundation
The Arapahoe County 4-H Foundation is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation whose mission is to provide financial resources and program support for Arapahoe County 4-H youth and leaders on a sustaining basis. The Foundation was founded in 1967 by a group of Charter Members and is overseen by a 15-member Board of Trustees.
The Board holds two fundraisers each year and maintains stable investments in order to support and enhance the 4-H program in the following areas:
- Education, recognition and leadership opportunities for 4-H leaders and youth
- County contest prizes and judges
- State-level contest entry fees
- Award ceremonies and annual events
- Recruitment and retention of 4-H members and leaders
Matching grants for club fundraisers
Financial need grants for 4-H families
Scholarships for 4-H members’ higher education
- 2022 Scholarship Bios– Click to read their bios
Annual award for Important Volunteer of the Year
- 2022 Fanny Garber IVY Winner – Click to read her bio
The Foundation Board meets quarterly and Trustees also volunteer throughout the year at 4-H contests, speaking engagements, and other activities.