Plant & Insect Diagnostic Services
Arapahoe County Extension’s professional horticulture staff and advanced Colorado Master GardenerSM volunteers provide sample analysis for a small fee to help homeowners, commercial growers, crop consultants, and golf course crews. Our sample analysis can help you to:
- Identify causes of plant, turf, tree and shrub problems
- Diagnose diseases or pest problems
- Find safe and effective control measures
- Receive information on pesticide alternatives or non-chemical controls
How it Works:
Samples may be dropped off Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Turf samples not accepted October – April. Horticulture staff will complete the analysis, confirm results and ensure that you are contacted with up-to-date research-based information on each sample.
Drop-Off station (in office):
- Fill out data form pre-numbered with sample number (given to client by front desk or Horticulture staff).
- Fill out appropriate worksheet. Copy sample number from data form onto worksheet (given to client by front desk or Horticulture staff).
- Give paperwork (data form, plus worksheet) to front desk (or Horticulture) staff member.
- Sample should be brought in to the office by the client in a trash bag and tied shut.
- Clients will then give the front desk the completed data form for billing.
- Client will pay front desk (or Horticulture) staff via check, credit/debit card (there is a convenience fee for credit/debit card use) or cash (exact change only to minimize handling).
- Front desk (Or Horticulture) staff will take bagged sample and paperwork and put it in the Master Gardener work area.
- Clients will be called for follow-up information.
- Insect Identification: $8
- Diagnosis: $8
- Plant Identification: $8 first plant; $3 each additional.
- Out-of-County Surcharge (for any service): $3
- There is an additional fee for credit card transaction.
No-one shall be denied the opportunity to participate or receive information based on their ability to pay. Fees are subject to change.