Plant & Insect Diagnostic Services
Arapahoe County Extension’s professional horticulture staff and advanced volunteer Colorado Master GardenerSM provide sample analysis for a small fee to help homeowners, commercial growers, crop consultants, and golf course crews. Our sample analysis can help you to:
- Identify causes of plant, turf, tree and shrub problems
- Diagnose diseases or pest problems
- Find safe and effective control measures
- Receive information on pesticide alternatives or non-chemical controls
How it Works:
Please contact us at 303-730-1920 for a description of how to collect and deliver the plant or insect sample. Colorado Master GardenerSM will begin the process of analyzing the samples for identification and/or diagnosis. Horticulture staff will complete the analysis, confirm results and ensure that you are contacted with up-to-date research-based information on each sample.
- Insect Identification: $6
- Diagnosis: $6
- Plant Identification: First 2 samples – no charge; $3 each additional.
- Out-of-County Surcharge (for any service): $3
No-one shall be denied the opportunity to participate or receive information based on their ability to pay. Fees are subject to change.