4-H Events, Camps, Conferences, & Contests
Check out our upcoming events, camps, conferences, and contests.
Douglas County Dog Shows
Who: 4-H youth ages 8-18 enrolled in the dog project.
What: There are 2 dog shows being held in Douglas County. Must be current on all shots! Bring proof of rabies immunization. Female dogs in season may not be shown. All Showmanship and Obedience classes will be held (Showmanship will be first) except for Utility.
- Saturday, May 13, 2017
- Saturday, June 17, 2017 (Includes Rally Trial!)
- Registration – 7:30am – 8:30am
- Judging – 9:00 A.M. (pending judge’s arrival)
Douglas County Fairgrounds
Castle Rock, CO
Cost: Make checks payable to: “D.C. 4-H Dog Clubs”
- $5.00 (Additional obedience dogs, $2.00 each)
- $5.00 – Rally for June show Entry
Register: Pre-registration via phone, email or regular mail is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED and should be received by May 11th (for May show) and June 15th (for June show). If you register on day of show, please fill out the attached registration form and bring with you to the show.
Contact Mary Parenti
- Phone: (303)681-3152 or (303)210-6890
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail registration forms and payment to: Mary Parenti
P.O. Box 234
Larkspur, CO 80118
Additional Information: We will have our famous fund-raiser items and concessions at these shows — We thank you for your support!
- 1st place – rosette
- 2nd-6th place – ribbons
Sponsored by: Douglas County 4-H Dog Clubs
Pueblo County Dog Show
Who: 4-H youth ages 8-18 (as of 12/31/16) enrolled in the dog project.
What: There are 2 dog shows being held in Pueblo County. There will also be showmanship, obedience, and rally classes are offered.
When and Where:
Saturday, May 13th in Pueblo County at the
Colorado State Fairgrounds
Saturday, June 17th in Pueblo County at the
Crave Middle School
Cost: $5.00 per dog; $5.00 per youth – Payment can be made the day of the show.
Register: Pre entry through 4-H online is required for ALL PARTICIPANTS. 4honline will be open to all youth enrolled in the dog project in the state.
- Show will follow 4-H rules
- Indoor show rings
- Concessions will be available
- American system ribbons awarded in all classes
For more information contact:
Carol kuhns, 4-h coordinator – Pueblo County
719-583-6576 or email at: email@example.com
Camps, Conferences, and Trips
The Re-Fashion Retreat features educational sessions conducted by 4-H Agents and Volunteers. There will be hands-on educational workshops.
This retreat will focus on increasing your knowledge and skills for your clothing construction or artistic clothing 4-H projects. You will complete a refashioning project after shopping at a local thrift store.
Who: 4-H members ages 8 and up (and Adult Chaperones)
What: State Clothing and Textile Workshop
Where Colorado State Fairgrounds, Pueblo, CO
When: May 5-7, 2017
Cost: $50 for youth, $25 for Adult Chaperones (includes two nights lodging, four meals, two evening snacks and program fees)
**Registration will open in April. There is a limit of 20 youth.**
State 4-H Conference
Who: 4-H members between the ages of 14-18, as of December 31, 2016
What: State Conference is a leadership opportunity as well as an event in which state contests are held:
- Consumer Bowl
- Consumer Choices
- Consumer Skill A Thon
- Horse Bowl
- Horse Demonstration
- Horse Judging
- Horse Public Speaking
- Livestock Judging
- Livestock Quiz Bowl
- Parlimentary Procedure
- Public Speaking (Impromptu)
- Public Speaking (Prepared)
Where: Colorado State University in Fort Collins, CO
When: June 19-23
National 4-H Citizenship Washington Focus Trip
Who: 4-H Members who meet the following requirements and complete the registration process on 4honline by Monday, February 6, 2017:
- 15 Years of age as of December 31, 2016 and currently involved in an Extension sponsored 4-H program.
- Have at least one year of 4-H leadership experience and be currently active in a leadership position in the organization she/he represents.
- Have demonstrated an active interest in citizenship/community service programs in their club and/or at the county level.
- Must submit an official application for CWF, including a clear, glossy picture for publicity with name and county written on the back.
- Have ability to travel under a strenuous schedule (health, homesickness, stamina, etc.)
- Be willing to have time to make trip presentations upon return home.
- Interview with the Arapahoe County 4-H Foundation CWF committee.
- Be selected by the Arapahoe County 4-H Foundation CWF committee.
What: Travel with teens from Colorado and learn about America’s rich history and political processes. Tour the Nation’s capitol city and return home a better citizen.
Where: National 4-H Center, Washington D.C.
When: June 24-July 1
Application Deadline: Monday, February 6, 2017
For details on completing the application process, click here
Cost: $125.00 per delagate – The Arapahoe County 4-H Foundation and the Colorado 4-H Foundation pay the remaining amount per person. Arapahoe County can select up to two (2) delegates and these costs are based on two delegates attending CWF from Arapahoe County.
Submit the following on 4holine:
- Application form with additional pages attached
- Acceptance Form
- Photo of yourself – clear head/shoulders photo with name and county written on the back of the photo.
Once deadline passes we will then be in contact with you to schedule an interview. The process is the same in regards to the selection process. You will need to do an interview with the committee and be of the ones selected to represent Arapahoe County in order to be approved on 4honline.
Late applications will not be accepted for any reason.
Urban Ranchers Day Camp
Who: Youth ages 8-13
What: Do you or someone you know want to learn more about handling ranch animals? Does adopting your “own” goat for a week sound like fun? Then Urban Ranchers Day camp is just for you!
Join us for a fun filled adventure! You will learn how to care for and handle your goat. Other animals such as chickens, cows, and horses/llamas will be there for you to discover how they are used on the farm. Camp counselors will lead daily games and projects which will help you explore where your food comes from. We will also try some of our favorite farm foods and make some crafts from our favorite farm animals. On Thursday you will get to show off your new farm skills for your parents and friends and celebrate at a cook out from 12:00pm to 1:00pm.
Where Arapahoe County Fairgrounds
When: July 10th-13th
Cost and Registration: Space is limited – only 20 spots available!
- $95 – Early bird registration (by 6/3)
- $125 – Registration (6/4-6/26)
4-H County Contest Night
Who: All Arapahoe County 4-H Members
What: Come join us for a fun-filled night for a chance to participate in contests for Speech and Demonstration, Cake Decorating, Talent Show (Performing Arts), and Parli Pro. Note that the Cake Decorating contest is only open to those who have enrolled in the Cake Decorating project via 4honline prior to the April 1 deadline. Please see links for guidelines and registration forms for Speech and Demo and Cake Decorating. Mark your calendars and start planning on what you want to do! We hope to see many of you there!
Englewood High School
3800 S Logan St
Englewood, CO 80113
When: April 21st from 5:00pm – 9:00pm
The registration deadline for all contests will be Friday, March 17.
- Speech and Demo Guidelines
- Speech and Demo Registration
- Cake Decorating Requirements and Registration
- Talent Show Guidelines and Entry
- Map to Englewood High School
Consumer Choices Results are in- nice work!