Day at the Capitol
It’s here! It’s here! Our visit to the State Capitol has finally arrived, and I’m so eager for our cohort to experience this day together. This day is a critical and impactful component of our training. Attached to this email are the employer letter, agenda and building map – I will have folders prepared for you Monday morning with this information included. We are meeting at the Knights of Columbus Building at 8:00am (1555 Grant Street).
- Professional attire, comfortable shoes. NO jeans, NO shorts, NO holes. I recommend bringing a sweater or jacket in case it’s cold in the building.
- NO ID is required to get in to the building. Knives, mace and guns are not allowed.
- Carpooling and arriving early is highly recommended! Street parking is NOT recommended as the meters do not allow parking for more than 2 hours.
- There is limited cell phone service at the Capitol. Refer to the agenda if you are lost. My cell number is 817-999-7637. Phones should be on SILENT all day.
- Lunch and breakfast are provided. Bring a water bottle – NO water will be provided. Yes, you can bring snacks.
- I encourage you to watch this short video on how laws are made in Colorado: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCBLZMJk5gQ
- See the below bill trackers if you’re interested:
Prepare 1-2 questions for legislators and finalize your 30 second speech before Monday. Bring business/contact cards with your name, project title, email and phone number. If you have not yet researched who are your representatives, please do so before Monday morning! Link here: https://leg.colorado.gov/find-my-legislator. BRING THIS DOCUMENT TO THE CAPITOL.
As always, if you have questions or concerns CALL ME. Javier, Angela and Henry are also here for you and want to make this day incredible for each of you. Policies, legislators and bills can seem far out of reach and like a different world – but as we learned on Tuesday, policies and legislative decisions affect all aspects of our lives and WE HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE THESE CHANGE!