- This event has passed.
Know Before You Go: Electric Vehicle 101 Workshop
December 4, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pmFREE
Join the City of Centennial, Colorado State University Extension Arapahoe County, Xcel Energy Partners in Energy, the Colorado Energy Office, and IREA on December 4 for a free, interactive workshop focused on the basics of electric vehicles (EVs). Come to learn tips, costs, and benefits of electric vehicles, including all-electric and plug-in hybrid cars.
You will learn:
• The little-known advantages of owning and driving an EV
• Whether an EV is right for you
• Tips and strategies for comparing EVs, including battery electric vs. plug-in hybrid vehicles
• How tax credits may or may not apply to your purchase/lease
• Xcel Energy’s options and pricing for EV charging
• The State of Colorado’s plan for fast-charging stations across the state
IREA will be bringing their EVs for the public to view. Plus, check out the City of Centennial’s new electric vehicle charging station.
A limited number of participants will receive a free conservation kit from Xcel Energy. Each kit contains an assortment of LED bulbs and a solar phone charger.