Monday, February 26: Save With a Plan
Savers with a plan can be over twice as likely to save successfully for things like retirement. Start your savings habit during America Saves week by creating a simple savings plan when you take the America Saves Pledge for a chance to win up to $750.
Set a Goal and Make a Plan to save for:
- Emergency fund
- Large purchase (car, electronic, etc.)
- Vacation or special event
- Retirement or long-term investment
- Debt repayment
- Start or grown your business
- Disability-related expenses
Make a Plan: How to Save Money
Those with a savings plan are twice as likely to save successfully. Cash in those dusty jars of pennies. Pack your lunch instead of buying it at work. There are lots of little things you can do to fund your savings. Just be creative.
- Not sure what you should be saving for? Get started with one of our top five savings strategies.
- The first step to saving more efficiently is to keep track of what you spend and budget. There are many different ways to do this, try a few out and choose the system that works best for you. The key to saving more successfully is to find a system that works for you and to stick with it.
- 54 ways to cut back spending and save some cash.
- Find out how small amounts saved each month can equal large yearly savings.
- Having an emergency savings fund may be the most important difference between those who manage to stay afloat and those who are sinking financially.
- Not sure where to put the money you save? These accounts can help keep your money safe, secure, and growing.
- Receiving a refund this tax season? Learn how to use that money to pay down debt and save instead of buying something you might not really need.